Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NO!

My mom-in-law told me something funny the other day.

She's apparently taking 3rd Language Classes at some college in KL (tak payahla bagitau nama kat sini ek?). One fine weekend, as she was about to get out of the car, she saw this person from my husband's past (his ex, lah). Because she really doesn't like this person, she decided to stay in the car until the coast was clear.

What do you know, a mere week later, while she was trying to get a drink at the cafeteria, this same person walks up to her and asks "Excuse me, do I know you from somewhere?" which got her berbulu, because this girl and her had gone for extensive lunches and dinners together, and even had long conversations about how "You're so nice, auntie! *giggle2*".

I mean, seriously, macam tak logik je tak kenal kalau dah berheartfeltconversation banyak2 kali kan? nak nak kalau you've actually dated the person's son. Insulting lah bongok. Kalau dah recognise to just come by and say Hi and tanya khabar la toksah la ber "do I know you" bagai. Eksyen gila.

Anyway, at which point, my mil answered "NO!" (yes, exactly the way I typed it). This girl had the cheek to insist and insist a few (read: MANY) times that "I could have sworn I knew you from somewhere. Are you sure we haven't met before?" to which the answers were "NO!" "NO!" "I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and "NO!".

Something like this happened to me too, but with the girl's best friend (small world kot, saling kenal mengenali.

Gila lah. Hehe.

p/s: To be fair, maybe the girl got amnesia. I don't know. Wallahualam.

No comments: