Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Al-Fatihah

Che-che,

You won't be reading this, but even though I haven't seen you in 10 years, I still remember how you sounded like when I was little. I remember the lilt of your voice whenever you spoke. The tone it took whenever you scolded Abang Jas for bullying me. I remember how you helped take care of me when my parents were off working, earning a living. I remember how young you were when you took responsibility for a lot of things, including how you took a bus all on your own at the wee age of ten, to take care of a young, pregnant, sickly woman as if she was your own mother.

May you rest in peace.

Please spare an Al-Fatihah for Allahyarhamah Azizah bt Abdullah who passed on at the young age of 33 on Saturday leaving 5 young children behind. Although I had not laid eyes on her for all those years, I still cherish her as an older sister, a che-che, that I never had.

To Mummy and Papa, Lissa and Abg Jas, I hope you all stay strong in the light of this tragedy. We're all here if you need our support.

No comments: