Thursday, November 13, 2008

PD Part 1- U8A Farewell Trip

We left at around 10/10.30 if I'm not mistaken and since most of the drivers didn't really know how to get to PD, we convoyed. There were 6 cars altogether, and before we even left Shah Alam, 2 cars got lost because the driver who led the convoy didn't really know how to, I reckon.


Group photo before leaving


In the car

But anyway, after several stops along the way, we finally reached PD at around 1.30 pm. And since check-in time was 3.00 pm, we drove to Teluk Kemang to have some lunch and lepak, at which point one of our classmates announced that his grandpa had invited us over to his place. We didn't really feel like going at first, and a few people protested because we were exhausted, but in the end, I'm really glad we did go. The house was beautiful, and exotic. I had never really seen a real-life authentic Kampung-Style house in person before, and I really loved what I saw. The house was spacious, airy and spic and span, and the hosts were really awesome. Upon reaching, we found out that they had prepared kuihs and tea for us, and had even prepped the living room to fit all of us in! We had a wonderful time there, thanks Atok. ;p


A lalat-filled restaurant at Teluk Kemang :(



Post-lunch group photo at Teluk Kemang


Nor, Myself and Emily


Irda and Bibung at Atuk's beautiful Kampung-Style house


Us with Atuk(in the background)


Group photo outside Atuk's house


After about an hour, we left for the hotel, but the same classmate who invited us over to his Atok's house brought us over to this island. We had fun just walking around and taking pictures, and I saw some umang-umang (those little crabs, don't know what they call 'em in English). There were hundreds of them! We didn't spend much time there, but we loved it anyways.


Umang-umang


Group photo on the little island





We reached the hotel at around 4.30. Some people had chosen to skip the house call and had decided to check-in ahead of us, so we just joined them in the rooms, and since my roommate (Lala) and I were slightly late, we got stuck with the single bedded room (read: glorified closet). We made do, though, since it was only one night in that room.

After freshening up and a change of clothes, we went down and took more pictures with our friends. At which point, it started raining. However, since the activities had been planned already, we went ahead with it.


Before the Activities started: saya nampak gemok.

We played some silly "sukaneka" games, like passing water balloons and creating sand-animals (ours was a snake, we got last place though), as well as a game called "galah panjang". After most of our classmates went up to shower and get ready for dinner, some of us stayed behind and played soccer with the guys. I sucked at it, and almost sprained my ankle, but I was laughing all the way. ;p



sane

insane
see the difference?

After showering, I went up to check out what the other girls were doing since my room was really quiet (there were 6 of us, and I guess we didn't really mix) while Lala (my roommate) prepped herself for dinner. I had a blast! Mind you, these girls were the quiet ones in class but they really made me feel welcome that night. (Bibung, Irda, Sara, Bibi, Shaz, Ayu, Nor, Em, Kak Mini) I stayed there laughing my ass off until around 8.30 when the guys called and said we should come down for dinner.

I went down together with my original housemates and we helped the guys prepare dinner while waiting for the other girls to come down. So many things happened that night:

1. Dinner - uneventful, until the equipment (I'm not sure what they were) that they used to cook the kerang exploded into one of the guys' backs. Yikes!

2. After dinner, some of the girls were taking pictures, and someone (something?) else besides thm appeared beside one of them in the pictures. That was scary. The guys were trying to placate them by saying that it was just a reflection of some sort, but later on, one of them admitted to me that they were just trying to calm everyone down and that none of them had ever seen such a reflection before.

I just want to add that the image actually started fading the next morning, and by the time I had the guts to actually see it, the face was totally gone.

3. Snack. Snake. See the difference? Apparently, some of the girls didn't HEAR the difference. Here's the dialogue:

Payed: Tu, ambik snack tu, Em

Em: hah?

Payed: Tu, ada snack tu

Em: (with a panicked look on her face) WHERE?!?

Payed: Tu, snack tu kat belakang ko.

At which point, Em, Irda, Bibung and Lala SHRIEK and ran towards us, and I realised that they thought he said "snake"

Me: SNACK la SNACK!!! Bukan SNAKE! SNACK!

Lol.

But yeah, I love these people. I never thought I'd have that much fun with them.

I didn't take any pictures that night. Malas. Those who did, though, found some interesting/scary images along with their own.

Anyway, our so called "campfire" session ended at 12.00 o'clock. Lala and I made our way up, changed and hung out at the balconey and watched class C (who were coincidentally there on the same days as well) hang out downstairs by the beach,at which point someone noticed us there and beckoned for us to come down, which we did.

We watched some guys play "Truth or Dare" (the real version) and had the time of our lives, since they were dared to do all kinds of silly things (hula dances, striptease, catwalk "America's Next Top Model" style. We hung out til about 3.30 and I conked out as soon as I got upstairs.

The next morning was spent just lounging around the hotel and taking pictures. Hilmi brought us to PD town just so we could walk around, and Cikgu, Lala and I said goodbye to the rest while we waited for my husband and Lampi to arrive.









2 comments:

Munky itu Hanjeng said...

kitorang sesat sebab uztaz tak pandai nak kasik petua jalan..dang.
lebuhraya elite dia cakap lebuhraya kesas..maunya kami tak sesat..kwhahaaha...

Zurin said...

lol... siyes? Me tatau lebuhraya2 ni, main ikut jek... kata orang lain drive..