Thursday, November 20, 2008

What I want to be when I Grow Up

Lol. Tak sedar diri kan? Dah jadi bini orang tak grow up lagi ke?

But this is the standard essay that we have to write in school every year, so saya perasan la, konon2 I'm still in school.

I'm so confused right now. There are so many things I want to do with my life, but I don't really have a definite plan, and a part of me is panicking and wondering if I will ever be successful...

So here are the things I want to do

1. Travel - I so want to see the world before I have to settle down. But then I need money, of course, which brings me to:

2. Get a stable job. After 4 years of studying to be a teacher, I now realise that I may not have the talent for that, especially when it comes to teaching hormone ridden bratty teenagers who think they are all grown up but in reality are still whiny little kids. So now I am rethinking my options. I still love the language very much and would love to sink myself into a career where I can write... I just don't know. I also enjoyed it whenever I did any volunteer work (especially when it came to events), but I'm really not sure how I can translate that into the working world. Not yet, anyway.

3. I REALLY want to do my Masters. But I'm I'm a bit tired of studying. Seriously. I've been going to school since I was 2 (yes, I know, kindergarten doesn't count, but I didn't go to those main-main kindergartens/taska/nursery types, I actually went to a kindergarten where the teachers taught us stuff and were very very garang and had lots of homework), and I'm now 23. You do the math. Lately, I've been having a hard time cramming any information into my little brain, so while I long to continue my studies, I do admit that I should be taking a break.

4. Stay at home and just rest. Not really an option since I need to contribute to the finances now that I'm married.

5. Have KIDS. Not right now, I guess, since I'm neither emotionally or financially or physically (yeke?) ready for it.

SO, what I figure is:

I will work temporarily, for about a year or two, and then either take a break to do my masters or do it part-time, and go travelling while I'm at it!

LOL.

I don't know.

Right now, the same phrase keeps running through my head over and over again:

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

3 comments:

zo said...

my suggestion...if u really want to cont ur study make sure u r ready mentally n emosionally coz there r lotz of assignment...there are tons of pressure

Munky itu Hanjeng said...

apa kata skang kita pegi makan kfc dulu..lepas makan kfc baru kita pkir pasal masa depan kita.heheheheeh..

lovelylin said...

yess.. enjoy the 'holiday' before u 'masuk gear'.. nanti bila dah start enjin, kenot suka-suki stop dah.. hehe

tapi tak perlu la ikut kepah pegi KFC ye! sajeeee nak kasi aku jelesssssss