Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I mentioned foul-weathered friends the other day. Now let's talk about fair-weathered ones. Kelakar kan? Manusia ni macam2 jenis ada. Most, though, come flocking because you've got things you can give them and leave when they no longer need those things/ when you no longer have the means to provide them.

I used to get lots of text messages from this one person.

Person: Zurin, ko buat apa?

Me: Takde pape. nape?

Person : Takde, aku ingat nak ajak g (insert destination)

Me: (ever willing to lepak with a friend) ok, boleh je. Aku free harini. Bila nak g?

Person: Jap g lah, aku mandi jap, pastu kita g. KO DAH SAMPAI KO MSG AKU EK?

Aku ni mati2 la ingat dia ikhlas nak ajak keluar. rupe2nya nak beli beg/barang makanan/baju/whatever. pastu dah. terus balik.

Or on the way home from sending,

Person: Zurin, ko lepas ni buat apa?

Me: Takde pape. (yes, I didn't have a life back then. I had just broken up with my ex-boyfriend and I wasn't inclined to go out that much)

Person: Aku ngan Ms X nak g (insert local shopping mall here). Jom arr..

or

Aku ingat nak mintak ko hantar gi (insert whatever)

isk. Back then, I didn't mind. Tak suka la berkira2 with friends, so I helped whenever I could, thinking this person really was a friend.

SKALI...

I stopped driving. All calls/text messages/invites stopped. Completely.

Tak tau la apa species orang dia ni kan, but I remember how she used to ask for all kinds of things, like notes and stuff, but when it came to favours I asked from her, it seemed SO difficult to do. Kalau tolong pon with muka masam and tak ikhlas sampai finally, I decided not to ask for help from her anymore since doing favours seemed really difficult from her compared to ASKING FOR THEM.

haih.

No comments: