Saturday, October 18, 2008

....

As I stood at that hall that we've used countless times for events, organizing my own, I realised how apt it was that we're spending what was supposed to be 3 days turned to 2 in a hall that we spent our very first week in.
I spoke at the podium for the first and the last time, and I looked at these familiar faces, the ones I saw practically every day for four years and it hit me that in a few short weeks time, I won't being seeing them anymore.
A rush of sadness actually flooded through me because soon, I'm gonna have to let go of the familiarity that I've felt everyday. Of walking past the guardhouse, hoping that my dressing won't offend the pakciks and makciks stationed there, of joining a group of friends or acquaintances at the TESL Square as I wait for class to start.
Funnily enough, it wasn't only the thought of not seeing friends everyday anymore, it was actually the thought of not seeing every single person I've been used to seeing that made me sad.
I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm peachy keen with every single person I know. I realise that some friendships may be lost and can never be recovered. Dah memang takde jodoh nak berkawan, kan. Some have stayed really strong from part one till now and will hopefully go on afterwards. Some friendships I made in the middle of my course of study. Some people I just got to know during my last semester and wish that I had gotten to know sooner.
We've been through 4 years, some of pure torture, but we got through them in the end, and I know many, like me, are struggling with deadlines, escpecially AE right now, but guess what, we'll get through that too, InsyaAllah.

No comments: