Thursday, October 9, 2008

A very funny story...

I was talking to a friend of mine today and I found out that around the time that I was getting married, someone had gone up to this friend and asked him, "Kenapa Epol and Zurin nak kawen ek? Did something happen?" (implying that I was pregnant out of wedlock, to blurr people out there)
This friend, being one of our best friends, of course, got pissed off and replied negatively and a fight ensued because she was just SO convinced that SOMETHING had happened. Kelakar la.

Ni la, mentality typical melayu kan? Suka nak prasangka buruk kat orang.
FYI for anyone who ever thought that something fishy was going on, let me clarify:

I got married because I was (and still is) in love with a great person who loves me sincerely for who I am, bad or good.

Even though a small part of getting hitched was due to the fact that I spent a lot of time with him and in my religion, it is stated as so that if two people spend that much time with each other, it's better to get married if they have the means to support each other monetarily, mentally, spiritually and physically, I got married simply BECAUSE I WANTED TO.

So, retards, seeing that I've been married for 10 months and MIRACULOUSLY (since some people were apparently adamant about me being pregnant) no babies have popped up, I went through my practicum without any hitches and I did not have to take ANY time off to hide any aby bumps, I think you can conclude that no, I didn't get married to cover any misdeeds that I got myself into.

Also, before I hear people saying stuff like "Dia tu mandul ke, 10 bulan takde anak lagi?" I'd like to state that we CHOOSE not to have babies yet simply because we cannot afford to take care of one. We are neither physically, economically, or mentally prepared.

So before you judge me, please look in the mirror and improve yourself first. thank you.

No comments: