Wednesday, October 8, 2008

...

As I was blog-hopping today, I came across this blog of a woman who had lost her child two years ago. The baby was sick with some disease that didn't seem curable and the parents were faced with the devastating decision of keeping her intubated or letting nature run its course. I suppose, unable to take the sight of their baby going through so much pain, they decided on the latter.

Her husband's account of the baby's passing was overwhelming and I couldn't help but shed a tear for this little family's pain.

Imagine becoming a mother and not being able to bathe your baby girl until the day she has passed on just because she's been sick and intubated since birth.

Imagine watching your precious little bundle sick and almost constantly in pain throughout her short 150 days of life.

I admire this family's courage and strength in the way they handled their crisis and I can only hope that if I was ever faced with something equally devastating, I'd be just as strong.

I'm thankful, everyday for what I have, my loving family, my husband, those friends who've stuck by me through thick and thin.

To Viruspadu and family, I wish you all well and I'm very sure your little angel is watching out for all of you from heaven. Al-Fatihah.

No comments: