Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Of babies and being pregnant

For the past few months, I have been obsessed with looking at photos of a certain adorable little munchkin. Those who know me personally probably know exactly which little diva I'm talking about aye?

Anyway, that's not the point of this post, and before random, overexcited people decide to succumb to those tendencies before even reading this post, I AM NOT PREGNANT. :)

Ever since I got married, I've been PLAGUED with questions of when I intend on getting a little one of my own. I've never really been able to answer the questions since I am not sure myself. What I AM sure of is I am REALLY not ready to be raising a child. Not at my age, financial situation or maturity.

The worst is when, two weeks into my new life, my psycho of an aunt asked me (in a very rude manner, smirking her ass off) "Kau dah bunting ke belum?". Two weeks. I repeat, two weeks after I got married. Obviously, my being married at that so-called young age, and the fact that my family and I kept the wedding plans away from some of my relatives until a few months before the fact prompted the idiot to think that I might have gotten married semi-shotgun. Needless to say, for people like her, there are reasons why we keep some stuff to ourselves.

Back to the topic, up until now, people seem to be waiting with bated breath. Whenever I call in sick, whenever I feel nauseous, whenever I feel like eating something special, whenever I'm slightly late.

Obviously, I do want a baby. In fact, my biological clock is already ticking. Especially when I saw this little darling with her (as described by momma) big round hazel eyes :

*Picture stolen from her mummy


Not now, darlings, not now. I have a world of opportunities waiting out there. I still need to get the career of my dreams. I want to travel. I want to do things I've dreamt of since I was a little girl. I want to spend time with hubby before I have to share him with someone else. I want to learn to salsa. I want to write about my adventures.

I need to establish myself. I need to get my masters and who knows what else?

There's so many things left to do that I'm afraid I might not be able to with a little darling in tow. And if that makes me selfish, then I guess so be it.

I'll get there, I promise. And when I do, you guys will be the first people to know about it. I'll send out a mass email or sms with the good news, and the little baby up there will have a friend for life. Hehe.

But until then, this is me. This is us.

2 comments:

Black Mouse said...

awww...we're all juz too excited zurin..but of course we u/stand what u want..sorry if any of my over excited-ness bout the matter annoys u..i'll b waiting 4 dat time tho..n i mite den b d one stealing ur baby's pic.. ;)

lovelylin said...

eh anak aku! haha

gatai kan main2 nama baby, i pun poke la! bwahahha. takpe, ready nama siap2. i dulu ada 2helai list nama anak nak choose, tapi sudahnya takde satu pon aku amek dr list tu.. hik. sengal, i knowwwwwwwww