Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Of Random Strangers and Kind Hearts.

To you, I am fickle.
To you, I'm not worth it.
And for one silly little moment,
My heart dropped
And I believed you.

To you, I'm a waste of time,
To you, I'm weak.
To you, I don't deserve a fighting chance
And for just a second
I believed it.

But then they came in the midst of my weak moment.
They found me while I was down,
Panting and sobbing from the dirt you had kicked me down in
Dirty and dishevelled
Cold and disheartened.

And they picked me up.

Cleaned me up.

Restored my faith

And gave me back my dreams.

And now it's you who's not worth it.
It's you who's fickle.
It was you who was a waste of my time
It's you who's weak.

But you still deserve a fighting chance
Because you don't know the most important thing about me:

I am nothing like you.

No comments: