Friday, July 10, 2009

A Day in the Life of...

I'm trying to find a company that provides rental of ICT stuff. I find one online, and proceed to call the number in order to get more information

Bored sounding woman: Hello. ****.

Me: Hi, I'm calling in in order to find out about your EQUIPMENT rental service. Could you connect me to someone who's in charge of that?

Woman: We don't do equipment rentals. We only do (main service. I cannot write it down here because it'd be too obvious which company this is from)

Me: But your website says you do ICT rentals?

Woman (in a tone which clearly sounds like she thinks I'm an idiot): OOOOHHH.. ICT Rental. Kejap, I sambung u to ***

Oh. My. God. Really?

Even IF la. IF la kan, you don't associate the word "EQUIPMENT" with "ICT", shouldn't the word "RENTAL" tip you off?

Customer service these days. Tsk.

No comments: