Monday, March 9, 2009

"You just don't understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you're locked up in here with me!"

I beg to differ. Watchmen was awesome and I loved it. But I can see why certain people wouldn't like it. Like the idiots sitting behind me who groaned in disappointment everytime they found out that Dr Manhattan's private parts were censored. Or someone who gave his thumbs down just because he didn't understand the premises of the movie.

But I loved it. And now I'm all raring to read the comic and find out if the movie really did live up to its expectations. :)

Watchmen is not your typical superhero movie. Granted, there are fight scenes in there, and those were awesome too, but if you're looking for mindless fighting and fluff with absolutely no thinking in between then this movie is not for you. The action is there but there are a lot of conversations in that movie.

Here's how my husband described it, which I think fits the bill: This is not a superhero movie. It's a movie with superheroes in it. Think about it. It's not the same thing.

"The whores and politicians will look up and shout: 'Save us'. And I'll look down and whisper: 'No'".

1 comment:

Nad said...

aku nk tgk gk...huhuhu....