Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Cold War

Before anyone starts wondering what happened, and gets notions about me being in one with a certain somebody, I am going to explain. It has nothing to do with fights or arguments that resulted in me not talking to anyone.

It's just simply, literally, a cold war.

See, the air-conditioning is extra cold in my department. Therefore, when it gets unbearable, inevitably, someone will march over to the air-cond room and switch it off. Unfortunately, about five to ten minutes later, someone else from another department will inexplicably turn it back on although most of the people there are wrapped up in jackets and scarves as well. INEXPLICABLY.

So the people from my department (including me) will grumble and direct our evil stares to the respective person who keeps switching the damn thing back on, and about half an hour (we're nicer) later, someone goes over and switches it back off.

Rinse and repeat for the whole day.

Before anyone asks, yeah, the guy who keeps turning the aircond back on has a very annoying face. I want to slap it but I'd get fired.

No comments: