Friday, March 27, 2009

Hot Chocolate

There's absolutely nothing like a nice steaming mug of hazelnut hot chocolate on a rainy day to warm you up. Cuddling on the sofa alone, listening to the light pitter patter outside, with a warm mug in my hands, I take little sips, careful not to burn my tongue.

My heart is light today, thinking of the great things to come. Knowing very well that it won't be easy, knowing, anyway, that it won't take away the greatness of it. I've seen it before in other people. I envied them. I was scared for them. Now, I'm sitting here in a mix of excitement and anxiety.

I found what I was looking for and it isn't going to be cheap. It it certainly won't be a piece of cake. It won't be a walk in the park. But it'll certainly be ours. I'm sure of that, of how it's going to taste. As sweet as the warm chocolate sliding down my throat and settling into my tummy, making it feel warm and comfortable.

As sure as the smell of the rain that seeps into the house. As sure as how it mingles with the nutty, sweet smell of the drink cooling on the table in front of me.

I love this. I love that we're taking these steps. That we're moving on. That we're on the way to leading our own lives.

3 comments:

lovelylin said...

i knowwww the feelings!! hehe. cant wait to visit u guys!

the younger safynaz kazem said...

*gasp!!* ;D

Black Mouse said...

nk buat WAAaaaaVVvvvvvEEEeeee!! heee.. ;)