Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hot Chocolate Pots

Last week, I made some chocolate pots, just to try out the recipe. They're basically gooey chocolate goodness in little ramekin pots. For the life of me, I can't seem to find any ramekins over here, and since the recipe doesn't require any baking, I dug up some of my mom-in-law's cute little white teacups and decided to put them in those.

It's an extremely easy recipe which takes less than 5 minutes to make, but Epol and mama suka. Last night, Epol asked me when I was gonna make some more, and since the last time, I only used half of the ingredients, I decided to just finish the other half today.

No pictures, but they basically looked like these:



(I took this picture from Easy French Food, tapi the recipe is not the same)

After pouring the mixture into the cups, I saw that there was quite a bit of residue stuck in the pot and the ladle, so I just reheated the stove, poured in some milk, and voila, hot chocolate.

This was the first time I made my own hot chocolate, and let me tell you, I was very pleasantly surprised that it tasted just like the ones I love at Starbucks! :D

So yeah, byebye Starbucks, hello homemade hot chocolate.

I feel all warm, happy and sleepy now...

4 comments:

the younger safynaz kazem said...

now ur making me crave for a cup of chocolate goodnesss hmmmm ^_^

a whole pot oso can? LOL.

Zurin said...

Kaz: Boleh je, just stick the whole thing in the fridge :p

lovelylin said...

the best chocolate chaud here doesnt use milk and it's so heavenly delicious! i'll bring back some the next time i go back ok :)

Zurin said...

Oohh.. That sounds absolutely yummy! :)