Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Losers

Movie Poster from Filmofilia


Synopsis:
A Special Ops group goes on a seemingly innocuous mission, only to be betrayed. Presumed dead, they're blamed for a horrendous incident that involves 25 children, just for knowing too much. Stuck in a foreign country, they have to find a way to get back to the US and take revenge on the people who took their lives away, with the help of a mysterious woman who shows up out of nowhere.

Ok, so did I like the movie? Hell, yeah! :D

Plenty of action, knives, guns and comedic relief (provided by Jenkins Jensen (thanks Keren, my bad), played by Chris Evans, with his bumbling lines and ridiculous t-shirts. Oh, and the villain, Max, played by Jason Patric, did a great job of providing wtf moments too)

Oh. Please don't forget the eye candy. Jeffrey Dean Morgan (yes, I know he's old but I've always had a crush on him), Chis Evans (he was awful in Fantastic Four, but those were awful movies anyway. he definitely redeemed himself here), Oscar Jaenada and Columbus Short? And don't forget Zoe Saldana for the guys.

WARNING!Spoiler alert after this eye candy photo

Taken from GeekTyrant


Sangat best. Believe me.






The only thing I didn't like about it was how one of them decided to betray the others. He was so blase about it, despite the fact that they had been through everything together for years and years. I didn't like the fact that he betrayed them (supposedly in order to get his freedom back) and then automatically defected over to the dark side. From a grumpy, albeit good hearted guy, he changed into a greedy, wimpy, cowardly asshole who'd run his best friend over with a plane just so he'd be rich. Doesn't make sense.

Probably would have been better to just let him disappear, and since there are hints of a sequel, have them fight it out then, but that's just me and I'm no director.


(end of spoiler)

All in all though, I seriously loved the movie. And you know what I say. If I walk out of the theatres wishing I was part of that, then I definitely think it's a great movie.

Seriously. Go and watch it.

1 comment:

keren said...

i think it was jensen not jenkins :|