Friday, January 29, 2010

Of checkups and wake-up calls

Those who know me personally will know that a few months ago, I had an appendicitis operation (have I mentioned that here before? I forget. I've got the memory of a goldfish, fyi) after going in to the clinic for painful pangs in my lower right abdomen.

It took me longer than usual to recover from the operation. It seems that there was a mass the size of a fifty-cent coin in there as a result of the operation but since I wasn't feverish, purging or vomiting, my surgeon assumed it was a blood clot.

A few months on, I started feeling the same pangs I did that first day I walked into the hospital to get my surgery done.

So I went to the clinic yesterday (finally! I've been putting it off for ages because I hate clinics) and my doctor referred me to gynae since the area that hurts seems to be where my right ovary is. But no worries, it's just to make sure that it's nothing to be alarmed about aje. Just a confirmation.

Anyway, she asked us when we were gonna have kids, and advised us to have at least one while we're still young so that we'd still be young when they left for uni. I guess she makes a great point at that. I know my clock is already ticking like crazy, so who knows?

InsyaAllah, once we get the apartment we're supposed to get by the end of this year, we'll be able to save up enough for us to live comfortably for three. :)

My husband said this yesterday, and I've already mentioned this, that much I know, but we're really lucky. We came into this marriage, and financially, even though I'm only doing part-time right now, we've never really been in trouble. And up to now, Alhamdulillah, it seems like we've been handed a lot of stuff that other people have to strive and work hard for.

5 comments:

Black Mouse said...

end of dis year?..so, Insya-Allah 2011 la kn?..amin..blackmouse likes dis post!! :D

lovelylin said...

pls take good care of ur health!!

i know the both of u and im sure u guys will be great as parents.. it's gon be hard at the beginning for sure, but it'll get better in time, trust me!

one year ago i was asking myself if i did a right decision to have a baby now but today, im proud to tell u that it's one of the best decisions (not that there's many ;p) i've ever made. ur god daughter sekarang dah pandai makan ngan tangan pon!

i want to be the first to know any good news! hee

LOVE U!

Zurin said...

Juli: suka eh? i thought you'd like it...

Eleen: Thanks for the vote of confidence babe.

And yeah, I saw the picture! Going back to her roots, I see.

Of course u'll be the first! And you'll also be bombarded with lotsa questions cuz I sure as heck will be confused :)

Love u 2. Miss u sangat!

EpoL said...

OMG! Zurin, congrats on your decision! I support 100%!!

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.