Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Long Overdue


Contrary to the date, I wrote this almost a month after the fact. I've been meaning to write it earlier, telling myself that I need some time to turn my feelings into words, but day after day, it just gets harder, so here it goes.

If you're not a big fan of someone raving about their relationship, then I suggest you stop reading right now. This is not a practical post, it's not informative, it's just my a release of everything I have pent up in my heart and my brain. So if you're one to get nauseated by declarations of affection, then go on at your own risk. This is written solely as a reminder for the way I'm feeling at this moment: Friday, 25 December 2009.

On the 2nd of December, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. Two years together. A lot of people might think that we had it easy, and in some aspects, we did. Getting married during our studies was probably one of the best decisions we've ever made because we helped each other through the toughest times when others had to slog through them alone. We didn't have to worry about finance, not before, during or even after the wedding.

Emotionally, though, we went through a lot. Ups and downs and downs again. The starting of the first year was particularly difficult, with outside influences and the start of our careers and financial freedom often getting in the way of our sensibilities. There was a time when I almost wondered if I made the right decision in getting married so early, but I'm glad to say that that time has definitely passed.

One thing I noticed, though, was that throughout these two years, good terms or not, I never fail to look forward to seeing him again at the end of a long day, to be able to talk to him and let him engulf me in one of those comfy hugs.

These 24 months seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, and yet they also seem like forever to me. I know that's an oxymoron, but it's a blink because it seems like we just got married, and it's forever because I don't think I remember what it was like before I had him.

Here's to the rest of our lives together. I don't know anyone else who can stand seeing the real me the way you do, who can smile through my mood swings, who can remain quiet through my tantrums. You may not be a perfect being in other people's eyes, but you're absolutely perfect for me. I love you EpoL, and Happy Belated Second Anniversary.

P/s: Thanks for Ninja Assassin and dinner at Tony Roma's :)

1 comment:

EpoL said...

In case I never told you, that day was the start of the happiest days of my life. ;p