Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Little Taiwan CIneleisure a.k.a e@curve

I'm not a food connoisseur, but I can tell what's good and what's not, according to my own tastebuds, and this place is NOT.

It's a new halal Taiwanese food franchise that seems to be popping up. I didn't bother with pictures because I suck at them.

The food looked absolutely NOTHING like the pictures.

I mean, look, I know that it's hard work to reproduce picture-perfect cuisines, but this is ridiculous. The pictures displayed proudly on the walls shows dishes which are full of food. In fact, the beef shank looked huge and juicy. What came was a tiny little dish with pathetic think strips of meat, if you could call it that lah. Most of it was fat aje anyway.

And the noodles are depicted as huge bowls of slurpy goodies, but what came out was a huge bowl (at least they got that part right) with a few sorry strands of limp noodles which I couldn't even finish anyway because the broth was tasteless. The spicy noodles basically tasted like mee bandung without the actual taste.

All in all, the food was AWFUL.

And don't even get me started on the drinks. A glass of R.O Water is sold for RM2.80. Bukan mineral water ye kawan2, RO WATER. Yang kita boleh pegi isi botol dekat tepi jalan for 20 cents ke 50 cents for one big bottle ke entah tu.

Don't try the jasmine teas, even. Macam nak terbakar tekak tak sedap langsung.

I guess their only redeeming quality is their bubble tea, which is NOT BAD, but I can probably get better elsewhere, and their snacks. Tak ingat la what I ordered but they're not bad. Not really worth the price though if you ask me.

So I give this place a THUMBS DOWN. Tak payah try. Buat rugi duit je.

No comments: