Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Revamping

A few days ago, I asked myself what the point of this blog was. Is it so that I have a place to rant about the things that happen to me or others that I feel strongly about? Well, yeah, sorta. But I realise that I've been very secretive with a lot of my posts. I rant all I want but for the most part, the specific details are things that only I know. I don't reveal all that much, and I'm certainly not one of those bloggers who take the time to post up pictures. Im guessing I never will be one of those, but recently, after a significant amount of blog-hopping, I am attracted to the idea of this being a keepsake of sorts.

I imagine myself, a few years down the line, rereading my entries and reminiscing everything that's been happening to me. Or better yet, should blogger stand the test of time, having my future kids read through my posts in order to see what kind of life their mom had before they came around, or even to get to know me from the point of view of other people.For them to see me as a person, instead of just 'mum'.

So I'm thinking of doing a bit of revamping. No doubt, I will keep on using this space to rant whenever my heart wishes it. But I'll try to fit in some stories from my life as well. So that some time in the future, I'll be able to read this and cherish those moments that are so important to me that I actually felt compelled to write about them.

I may not post pictures, but that's ok. I'm not much of a picture person anyway.

No comments: