Monday, December 28, 2009

Jennifer's Body

I'm currently house-sitting for my mom-in-law while she's off in Dubai (envy envy envy) after barely a week having touched down from our trip to bali. Man I kinda wish I could afford that kind of jetsetting life.

Anyway, while browsing through her DVD collection, I found a copy of Jennifer's Body and decided to watch it, since I refused to watch it missed it at the cinema.

Prior to this, trailers I had watched and that annoying soundtrack videoclip where two guys are walking through the halls of a school told me that I did NOT want to spend money to watch it at the cinema. The other part of me, however, was a slight bit curious.

Having watched it, my curious half is giving my better half a pat on the back for not letting myself spend money to subject myself to that kind of torture.

Bloody and gory, the movie had a storyline that a two year old could come up with. "Monster eats people, girl kills monster". That's it. None of the characters had any substance, and, at best, it's a show that was built around trying to show off how "hot" Megan Fox is. And since I'm neither a guy nor a fan of the girl, it doesn't work well for me.

This movie has made it to the top of my "I can't believe I wasted two hours of my life on this" list,sharing the top spot with Kung Pao, Blood The Last Vampire and Twilight. The fact that three of the four movies I just named has something to do with vampires, I reckon that it is probably trying to tell me something very important.

Pfft.

1 comment: