Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Heartfelt Confession

I want my own child.

And there you have it, my confession. For some reason, my body clock has been ticking incessantly lately. Seeing some of my friends' and my boss' adorable little munchkins has me wanting one of my own, despite the fact that my brain is screaming, no, HOLLERING to me that I am nowhere near ready to take that leap.

I've made excuses and justifications as to why I simply cannot start a family now, but I am tired of denying what I really want, which is a child of my own. My husband and I have discussed this issue over and over again until we're both blue in the face and completely exhausted at how the conversation centers around the same reasons and excuses and how much the both of us want to take the next step. The fact still remains, however, that we can't.

I know very well that a lot of people are excited to have little Epols/Zurins running around, myself most of all. My wants seem so strong that everytime I see someone else's baby, I get the urge to tear up and cry, something very dangerous since I've been visiting a lot of newborns lately.

I'm waiting for the day that people will be visiting my own. We've made plans that I would have my first when I turn 27 (slightly earlier if we manage to fulfill our dreams before then). My heart aches at the prospect of having to wait three whole years for it, but for now, it will have to do.

Until then, I hope my friends won't mind if I share just a little bit of their pride and joy until I manage to fill that void.

No comments: