Saturday, June 27, 2009

Irresponsible Shoppers

In my opinion, there are certain "rules" or courtesy in everything we do. Even something simple like shopping, for example, come with a set of unwritten norms that anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out. I guess maybe we (I?) live in a culture where not many people have even that.

Today, I decided to meet up with one of my best friends, someone I haven't had a chance to catch up with in a while. I decided to take a trip to Shah Alam and have lunch with her. We went to the Giant in Section 13, since it was really close to her workplace. I picked her up, and we just did our stuff.

I decided to leave at about 6.00, when her boyfriend had come to join us. I got into my car, started reversing, wondering why the heck my car sensors were beeping like crazy, since there was no car behind me, and heard a very soft, dull "thud".

Horrified, I got out of the car, convinced that I had hit a little girl or boy who had, for some reason, run across the parking lot behind my car without me noticing. Guess what I found? A SHOPPING CART.

Some COLOSSAL IDIOT thought it was a brilliant idea, after grocery shopping, to place their empty grocery cart BEHIND my car. I came from the front, so I never noticed that there was something there.

Seriously la. Have some freaking common sense, PLEASE.

No comments: