Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pure Inhumanity - Please Don't Buy Fur

I thought I had seen the worse of human nature, what with the recent abuse of a maid and the shootings of several people praying in a mosque.

I realise that until I saw this video, I had not seen ANYTHING. Heard of, yes. Read about, yes, every day.

My husband had warned me that this video was graphic and that it was going to affect me strongly, but I was convinced that I had a strong stomach and that whatever it was, I could take it. I was wrong. I cried and vomited my guts out afterwards.

This is a link to a PETA video about human cruelty to animals.

If you have a weak stomach or heart, please don't watch it.

Innocent animals are raised for their fur. When they are finally ready, these monsters in humans' clothing bludgeon them with hard objects, or even bash them to the ground and stomp on them so that their backs break.

The worse part is that some of these animals survive the bludgeoning, and are SKINNED ALIVE.

In the video, an animal (possibly a raccoon) which has been skinned, is shown still moving, IN A DAZE.

All this for the fur.

How inhumane can people get, just to look pretty?

I beseech you, if you're reading this, please stop buying fur, and, if possible, spread the word and tell someone else about how cruel the acts are.

No comments: