Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Did you know...

that a study by Peterson and Roscoe (1991) found egocentrism in female college freshmen to be at a level higher than is typically found in some high school students?

For those of you who don't know what egocentrism is and want to find out just a bit more, (I'm a bit lazy to type everything out here since I'm doing this between assignments, which is how i found this article, btw. Bagus tak saya? Ber-blog pasal assignment. hoho) click here.

That would explain the level of egocentrism apparent in many of my female juniors. EVERYTHING is so clear to me now - NO WONDER so many of these girls are so rude and arrogant.

Let me explain what some of these juniors (pre-degree, no less! although most of the degree students share the exact same traits) have done. One very glaring incident of their stupid-mindedness happened during our post-practicum course.

Our lecturer, after observing our torture and hard work (really?) for the past 3 months decided to treat us all to breakfast on the very last day of the course. She put out the buffet table outside. Now, if you were a junior at a university and you came one day and saw that there was a delicious spread of food outside a hall obviously occupied by seniors, would you

  1. tell yourself that the food probably belongs to them
  2. think "waitaminute, my university is too cheapskate to provide food for EVERYBODY. There must be some kind of function going on that doesn't involve ME"
  3. help yourself to the food, with seconds to boot.
If you answered no. 3, then congratulations, you are now on the same par with my tesl juniors! Pat yourself in the back and then get someone to punch your lights out because you are now officially an asshole.

Tip of the iceberg, this one. If any TESL juniors are reading this and you are not one of those bitches who think you own the faculty, I apologise, but please, on my behalf, give those girls a kick in the ass on the behalf of your seniors aye? Thanks

Let me clarify. I am not one who imposes my seniority on people. In fact, I despise seniors who walk around and demand juniors to bend down and lick their boots just because the happen to be older. However, I do NOT remember being such a bitch when I was a junior. While I never fanned my seniors' backsides, I also respected them and never stepped out of line because I know they've been through more and have been around longer.

Tapi, budak2 sial ni, ingat diorang tu bagus sangat. (hah, bila aku mula cakap melayu, ko tau la kesabaran aku dah tahap sini- sambil letak tangan paras kening). Seriously la, ko tu baru setahun jagung kuar sekolah nak berlagak sakan macam ko tu Permaisuri Agong pehal? Ko tau tak Permaisuri Agong yang lepas tu pon sangup menari poco2 dengan student UiTM? Tau tak? Kalau ko perasan sebab bapak ko tu lawyer ke, doctor ke, baik takyah la. Bapak ko kan, bukan ko? Kalau kaa tahap gaban sebab usaha sendiri takpe gak ni harap nak ride on the coattails of your parents? pigi dahhh. Aku lempang sekali berbekas jugak muka ko, sama macam orang lain so jangan la rasa macam ko bagus sangat. You've obviously been disillusioned all these years so let me give you a reality check. You're not that special.

No comments: