Thursday, September 18, 2008

Public Tiff, 2008 Style!

Okay, okay, I realise that it's the facebook era now, and nobody goes on friendster anymore. My husband even deleted his account (but he's not on facebook, he just despises online communities :p). I stil retained mine, for reasons unknown even to me, but i check it like once every two weeks instead of as frequently as I used to.

So anyway, when I log on to whatever online community that I have an account in, I like checking for updates on the people on my list of friends. I saw a very sarcastic-looking shoutout on said person's page and I decided to just click on this person to see what was going on.
Lo and Behold! A Bona Fide lover's tiff, on the friendster comment boards, no less.

I suppose it's their prerogative to fight wherever they want, I mean couples have tiffs in public all the time, aye? (Although I secretly believe that no one plans to have public arguments, it just explodes and somehow errupts all over the place) This is different though. Why? Well, maybe because when one posts a comment/testimonial, one KNOWS that everybody has access to it. ANY Tom, Dick or Harry (Jessica, Anne or Mary? LOL) is able to read the damn thing.

As if that wasn't enough to make someone feel like gagging, a busybody (I can verify that she's like that in real life) decides to add fuel to the fire by egging one of the parties on. Seriously, if you're a friend, you try to make things better, not worse.

Personally, I find it narcissistic and exhibitionistic of them, but if they like it that way, then I suppose more power to 'em!

Then again, I'm being harsh. Maybe they ran out of credit and were completely broke, so they couldn't call or text each other and thus, HAD to resort to this. Whatever the case may be, I wish them well and I hope they get over those differences (and maybe kick that busybody in the ass?) for their sake as much as for everyone else's! :p

No comments: