Sunday, December 14, 2008

How it Feels to be a T-Rex

My mother and sister recently joined a women's-only gym located in Kota Damansara, which is pretty cool since it's got a fixed routine which everybody goes through everytime they go there.

The benefit of joining this gym instead of the normal ones is that you get to do that particular fixed routine without having to enlist the help of a personal trainer. If you notice, with other gyms (unless you're really well-versed in the "art" of working out) people who cannot afford the luxury of trainers often wander around in a daze and finally settle on using the same machines over and over again, which isn't that conducive since they pretty much concentrate on one part of the body instead of spreading it out.

So this gym basically gives you a fixed, complete exercise routine instead of having to fork out extra for a personal trainer.

Since my mother got a new job, however, they haven't been going, so a few weeks ago mama decided that she'd pass her membership to me, which the gym agreed, for a small fee of RM150, since they'd have to test and appraise my weight and fat and water, etc.

So on friday, I happily went, paid the turnover fee and discovered that my weight is 35% fat! (the acceptable amount for someone my age is 25% and below, so you can imagine how horrified I was) and did the routine.

I got kinda stuck at one of those weight-lifting thingies. My arms were wobbly to begin with and after 3/4 lifts, I found out that I just couldn't do it anymore. Me, being stubborn and embarassed at how out-of-shape I was, decided tojust try harder and my body just ended up contorting in such a weird and dangerous way that I gave up after a few tries.

To make a long(er) story short, I woke up the next day and my arms were bent and I couldn't straighten them! They hurt like crazy everytime I try and I have to keep them in front of me.

I feel like a T-rex.

2 comments:

lovelylin said...

i sooo know how it feels. dont force urself babe, kang ada yg jalan terkangkang! haha

Munky itu Hanjeng said...

kwhahaahahahha..errrrrrrrrr...tatau nak kata apa..samada nak simpati ataupon nak gelak..gelak la kejap..hahahaha..
slow slow..jangan push sgt..jangan jadi lampi..heheheehe..AFA kunun aritu..last2 boroi camtu jugak..hahaha..