Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hana: Duplo and Stringing Sentences

I've noticed for a while now that Hana has started to learn problem solving. For example, if she is trying to get someplace and the nearest route has been blocked by something, she will find another way to get there. 

Today, she was playing with her Duplos (well, not really duplo but a brandless substitute that looks like it. For the sake of making it easier for me to post, let's still call them duplos). She had managed to stack three of the four-notched (square) duplos together. In the first place, I didn't even know that she knew how to play  with them properly because she usually prefers to play with the bucket that comes with it, using it as a hat. She gives me the duplos to put together for her. 

But that's not why I was amazed. After she had stacked the fours, she picked up the twos. There were two of them. she stacked them together and proceeded to try and join them to the fours. She couldn't because her hands are a bit too small to join two big pieces together. So what does she do? She takes the stacked twos, tears them apart and proceeds to connect them, one by one onto the big stack. Problem solved. She looks up at me, notices that I was watching and smiled proudly.

And mama just watches with her mouth open and squeals. haha.

And then the other day, I discovered that she has started stringing words together to form sentences. Not as smoothly and eloquently as we do mind you, but she certainly tries. 

She was rolling around on the carpet, her head on a cushion and she forgot that she wasn't on a bouncy bed and tried bouncing but her head missed the cushion and she banged it on the (carpeted) floor. she ran to me crying "call daddy! daddy!". So i called. As soon as her dad picked up the phone and said hello, she said loudly while sobbing "sayang! baying datuh tadi!" (sayang, baring jatuh tadi). Her dad was like "whaatt?" And I repeated what she said, not quite believing it myself. 

And there you have it. My baby's growing up. 

She won't be a baby for much longer, will she? 

2 comments:

Black Mouse said...

awwwww~ clever girllll!! n btw, does hana also calls epol sayang? or is she imitating u? :)

Zurin said...

ehh u still read my blog! hehe :P
She was imitating me sebab kalau i call Epol kan I go "Sayang" before saying anything else haha