Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hitting a Brick Wall

I have to say this.

I hate where I am, academically. I had a chance for something big but I blew it and now I'm stuck at square one, unable to progress anywhere.

People always say that when you're a postgraduate, you have to fend for yourself, nobody is gonna help you if you don't help yourselves. Your supervisor is there but you have to do everything. They're just there to observe.

I disagree. I say that if we were so capable of producing research papers on our own, why would we even need to enroll in a university? Why pay thousands each semester just to do everything on our own?

I don't think supervisors should sit back and wait for our progress. I think they should check, be concerned, yell if they have to.

Why need universities if that's what PG is all about? Suffice to have a board that's in charge of going through these papers. Just send it in, present and that's it. Pay a submission fee.

Supervisors get paid to lead and help and assist in any way they can. Why leave students hanging in the wind with no direction to go?

At this point in time, I want nothing more than to just cry, cry and cry. And quit. Time is running out and I just wanna run off and forget I even had this stupid idea in the first place.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Don't feel down! You are a really impressive woman keeping up with a family and getting a post graduate degree. I'm single and sometimes i cant keep up with work and getting my masters degree at the same time :-) you should be very proud of yourself , and may Allah bless you and give you strength . You are an inspiration and i'm really enjoying reading your posts :-)

Zurin said...

Hey Lily. Thanks so much for reading :) I gotta say I was really surprised to get your comment. Unfortunately, time did run out for me, but I'm just gonna take it as a lesson. Maybe it's jsut not my time to get a postgraduate degree yet. Some day InsyaAllah.

Lily said...

Inshallah , wish you all the best :-)