Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mama yang lagi satu :)

We got the keys to our apartment last week. One step closer to being independent.

For the last few years, we rented the unit out because things haven't been all that stable for the both of us, financially. But living with in-laws isn't easy, and I imagine that living with your parents when you have a spouse is equally difficult.

I love my mom-in-law almost like I love my own mom.

Make no mistake about that.

But living together means a lot of sacrifices, on her part and on ours. I'm pretty sure that it is just as difficult (maybe even more) for her to be living with her son and daughter-in-law. Differences of opinion, accidental hurt feelings are bound to happen whether we realise it or not.

At the end of the day, we just have different habits, different stands, different views on life.

And as grown adults, a part of us wants to feel what it's like to be independent. We're getting there, Insyallah, thanks, in no small part to her. She's practically given us the ticket for us to start the rest of our lives, and I will forever be grateful to her for that.

I have no idea if you're reading this or not, but thanks mama, for everything - for receiving me into your life, for trusting me with your son's heart, for forgiving us for our mistakes and wrongdoings, for your continuous efforts in guiding us towards become better people.

No comments: