Saturday, February 7, 2009

HELP!

Ok, I need help from anyone who reads this blog, even if I don't know you (i'm deluding myself into thinking that I've got ppl who follow this blog here, but what the heck).

I'm working at a job I'm alright with, although it can be a little depressing, sitting there, watching and tagging and summarising news clips that don't do much for my morale (ie: The Perak Political Crisis and the World Economic Meltdown). I have to work shifts, but I get quite a bit of allowance doing it. Not much of an advancement, but my boss has recognised me as a potential for something a little extra and is now training me for it. The basic pay is shit but counting the allowances and the triple pays on public holidays, i get enough.

A potential has come up, though for something I REALLY want to do. The basic pay is the same, I'll be busy macam nak gila, I have to go through another few months of probation and there's no such thing as shift allowances. Tapi, I get to travel should the need be there and my work will not really be limited to my desk, a computer, a monitor and headphones. This is something I see myself doing, although someone has warned me that the work is tedious and that the pay is quite shit (it's the same as what I'm getting now, minus the allowances)

On one hand, I'm afraid to give up the security of my job since i get all those allowances. The people there (barring my immediate boss) are great too, although they're kind of a tightknit group. I don't really like the shift thingies because it disturbs my plans, but they give me money. I don't like the fact that i have to apply for public holidays, but those give me money too.

On the other hand, THIS OTHER THING IS WHAT I WANT TO DO. But I'm afraid that if I go into it, I might not like it.

So what do I do? HELP!

5 comments:

the younger safynaz kazem said...

i say u shud give 'THIS OTHER THING IS WHAT I WANT TO DO.' a try. we're still young and we're not rilly at the point where we have to feed a few mouths just yet so i seriously think you shud go for what you desire. it's better then going on with this current job and going "what ifs.." on a regular basis. thats what i wud do. ;)

hv fun,

lovelylin said...

if i were u, i'd do something i'd LOVE to do. i know that if i were to do it for money, once the money is finished i will end up cursing myself and getting stressed macam org gila balek. bwahaha. and with ur kind of degree, u can easily find extra job if u need extra moolah ;).

btw, we need to catch up soon. who's the annoying bitch? HAHHAHHA

Munky itu Hanjeng said...

errrrrrrrrrr..entah..buat apa yang leh wat zurin happy la kot..errrrrr..i think you should give it a try..
tapi kan..keja skang pon dah okay..ahhhhhhh..kompius la macam neh..

Nad said...

plh la yg mana ko suka..kalau aku,biar la gaji xseberapa tp puas ht..kn..kn..kn..yg pntg,srnk...

bila la nk dpt keje srnk2 n gaji basic rm3000 yg aku idamkan ni....

Black Mouse said...

yeah..as smua org da ckp, do want u want to do..it's not every day dat u get the opportunity doing wat u want to do..despite of the risk dat u might not like it when u actually got it..if, if dat happens, den at least u know dat wat u want is actually not wat u want?..err..bebelit ek?..heee..
gud luck!! ;)