Thursday, July 8, 2010

To my beloved friends

To me, friendship is defined, not by the amount of fun you have when you’re out and happy, but the amount of support they give you when you’re down. The ones who are always around for a good time may not necessarily be there when you’re in trouble. It’s the ones who stick by you no matter what anyone says about you – the ones who aren’t afraid to tell you you’re wrong, the ones who, even from afar, will try to help as much as they can whenever you need it, the ones who aren’t shy or scared to ask you outright how you’re doing when you’re sad, lonely and depressed. Those are the ones for keeps. Because although they can’t be there when you celebrate your birthday, or couldn’t make it for your wedding, you KNOW you can count on them when it really matters.

I think you people know who you are. Thank you for blessing me with your wonderful friendship.

2 comments:

GaryW said...

I was very happy to read yout blog on What friendship is. I agree that it's the people who stick by you when your not at your best. I know hundreds of people but only a few would qualify as friends... I wish I could be a better friend to more.

Zurin said...

Thanks Gary. Honestly, there are only a handful of people who I myself actually call friends, so it's fine. Just stick by the ones you do have, and if you make more on the way, well, more power to you :)