Saturday, April 21, 2012

She Listens!

So after 8 whole months of pampering and being the apple of everyone's eyes, my daughter has become somewhat spoiled. She basically refuses to go to sleep unless she is so tired that she can't see straight, and this poses problems to us whenever we need her to take a nap. Today, I had been trying to put her down for a nap for the better part of half an hour, and as usual, she's struggling and crying, and screaming and yelling as if the world would end if she slept. Exasperated, I took her pacifier out and said "Listen. Listen to me, Hana". To my surprise, she quiets down and looks at me, so I continue. "You need to take a nap because you're tired. When you wake up, we can continue playing, okay?" and give her back the pacifier. She takes it, and about 10 minutes later, quietly falls asleep.

No comments: